I love this song.
The flower said, “I wish I was a tree”
The tree said, “I wish I could be a different kind of tree”
The cat wished that it was a bee
The turtle wished that it could fly
Really high into the sky
Over rooftops and then dive
Deep into the sea.
And in the sea there is a fish,
A fish that has a secret wish,
A wish to be a big cactus
With a pink flower on it.
And the rattlesnake said,
“I wish I had hands so
I could hug you like a man.”
And then the cactus said,
“Don’t you understand,
My skin is covered with sharp spikes
That’ll stab you like a thousand knives.
A hug would be nice,
But hug my flower with your eyes.”
I find it funny that everybody day-dreams about being someone or something other than what they are. (don’t pretend you don’t) we all do it. I have daydreams that are almost embarrassing to repeat because they are so far from the truth. But what the hey, I’ll tell you. I day dream that I am a rockstar (who doesn’t?) I also day dream that I am Olympic gymnast, a pro snow boarder, a New York Times best selling author, and a national geographic photographer (you know one that travels the world and takes the most ridiculous and almost dangerous pictures)
Feel free to share your embarrassing day dreams. I’d love to hear them.
Tags: Daydreams, Dreams, Embarrassing, NYtimes, Snowboard, Olympic, Gymnast, Song, Lyrics, Rockstar, Photographer
My blog has experienced a makeover. It’s not a drastic extreme makeover, its ever so slight but these slight changes I’ve made make a world of a difference.
Out with the old and in with the new!
~First of all I would like to direct your attention to the ‘About’ section on my blog. There is a new picture and I think it’s much more fitting than the old one. (if you look closely, notice the shirt I am wearing, it’s a wordpress shirt)
~Back to the home page. I have a new header image, I liked the old one a lot but it was just time to change it.
~Updated blogroll! I have added a few important people to my blogroll, people that you wouldn’t want to miss out on.
~Last but not least! This is the most exciting, you may or may not have noticed but I am now a proud domain name owner! (you know you are a nerd when a domain name makes you giddy) My new domain name is whatsthatblog.com Notice the title of my blog is now “What’s That Blog”
Check out the changes, let me know what you think!
Tags: Nerd, Makeover, Domain, Blog, Personal, Life, image, WordPress, Blogroll
Filed under Blogroll, Life
Things I am not a fan of today…
- Everyone around me seems to have a broken heart. Hang in there guys.
- Coworkers that chew with their mouth open as they lecture me about how everyone should take this job more seriously. I can’t concentrate on what you are saying if I can see your food being chewed. Nast.
- Parents that aren’t mine yelling at me about things that aren’t my fault
- Kids that have a phobia of ethnic people. So what if that person is Asian? She’s not going to bite.
- The part in the song “7 things” by Miley Cyrus when she says, “I want to be with the one I know” Really Miley? No shit. I don’t know anyone that wants to be with a total stranger.
- I don’t have enough time for everyone, let alone myself.
- My bedroom smells like poo
Things I am a fan of today…
- I got to come home for lunch
- I am working a lot more than I thought I would this summer
- Blueberry bagels
- The song “Hot N Cold” by Katy Perry and also the song “I Think I’m ready” by Katy Perry
- Boyfriend woke up early to make me coffee and put it in a to go cup so I could take it to work. (he’s a keeper because he knows the way to my heart is through a cup of coffee)
- Little 5 year old Sarah who told me I can do ANYTHING if I just believe
- Trash talking coworkers (it sounds mean, I know but, ok fine it is mean but it’s fun)
- I’ve been working out and my stomach is sore. I love being sore because of a good workout.
Tags: List, Fan, Miley, Cyrus, Katy, Perry, Personal, Life, Lunch, Song, Boyfriend, Coffee, Heartbreak
I thought that because whenever I drive and I want to throw shells and banana’s at passing cars, I was addicted to Mario Kart for the Wii.
I thought that because whenever I turn corners while driving I want to turn the wheel the opposite direction to get a nice drift for the extra boost, I was addicted to Mario Kart for the Wii.
I thought that because whenever I am caught at a red light and it finally turns green I pull up on the steering wheel in attempt to make the car do a wheelie so I can get an extra boost.
I thought I was addicted. But then I saw this person’s wedding cake;
Photo taken from M.A.L’s photostream
Notice all the little details, whoever designed this cake really knows their Mario Kart.
Some people have it far worse than I do, compared to the couple with this cake I am not addicted at all, I simply just enjoy the game.
If you drive by a red car and suddenly experience a banana peel flying at you, I apologize. I hope that you do not spin out of control.
Tags: Mario, Kart, Wedding, Cake, Picture, Game, Wii, Racing, Drift, Banana, Peel, Spin, Addiction, Driving
Boyfriend told me that he thinks my feet are pretty.
Personally, I find feet to be gross. I don’t think feet are capable of being in any way, pretty.
I decided to take what boyfriend said as a compliment, after the shock of someone saying that feet (MY FEET) were pretty, I said thanks.
But if this turns into some weird foot fetish, it’s over. I’m sure couples have broken up over less.
Tags: Boyfriend, Relationship, Feet, Foot, Fetish, Pretty, Breakingup, Couple, picture
I have seen it all. I saw a gymnast do a double full double back flip. It looked like she was flying.
I am so excited for the Olympics this year! I love everything about the Olympic games. The womens gymnastics is my favorite though. I have been busy watching the womens gymnastics trials on NBC, and let me tell you, gymnastics has reached an entirely new level of insanity. The sport, although I love it, is crazy. I believe I mentioned how crazy gymnastics is before.
1. (used with a plural verb) gymnastic exercises.
2. (used with a singular verb) the practice art, or competitive sport of gymnastic exercises.
3. (used with a plural verb) mental feats or other exercises of skill: Verbal gymnastics.
The womens gymnastics trials continue tonight on NBC! Be sure to tune in, you won’t be sorry. I think you can watch the trials online too.
Tags: Olympics, Beijing, 2008, Games, Gymnastics, Sports, NBC, Women
I got a new swimsuit and it’s wonderful! It was on sale which makes it even better, it was only available in two sizes, one of them just happened to be MY SIZE. Woo!
I’m all ready to go swimming, come on lets go!
Tags: Swimsuit, Hearts, Orange, bikini, Swimming, Halter, AE