My weekend has so far revolved around the Olympic Games. If you are not watching, you are seriously missing out. I am so lucky boyfriend has TiVo, we have been able to record each individual sport which we then watch later so we can fast forward through all the crap (commercials) I am even luckier because later he plans on burning the games to a DVD for me so I can watch it as many times as I want whenever I want. Isn’t he wonderful? I think so.
Photo Taken From Clevercupcakes.com
Things I love about the Olympic Games
- They only come around every 4 years, making them a big deal.
- The WHOLE world gets involved
- Word Records
- Opening Ceremonies
- Families supporting and cheering their loved ones on
- Beach Vollyball
- The little Chinese boy who survived the earthquake in May and saved a few of his fellow classmates. When asked why he went back in the rubble to save people he said, “It’s my job, I am a hall monitor”
- I really can’t think of anything I don’t like about the Olympics, I love everything about it. Well… besides Fencing. I don’t like Fencing, sorry but it’s a little stupid.
Yesterday was perfect. Boyfriend and I ordered Chinese food, ya know cause its festive considering the games are in China, not to mention delicious. Then we watched about 4 hours (give or take) of the Olympics. After about 2 hours we started to feel like serious fat-asses. It was perfect.
My plan today? Eat leftover Chinese food and watch 4 more hours of the Olympics.